Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

What is myunclestan.com?
michelle11
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:32:13 AM(UTC)
michelle11

What is myunclestan.com? What does Mr. Sweepy think about this site? Thanks for your help!

marli23514
#2 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 11:25:57 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Don't know what Mr. Sweepy thinks about the site you mentioned except to note that he does not wants us to refer members to other sites.  Looks like that site is trying to get our $$$$$$$$$$$$.

This is definitely one I am passing on because "if it sounds to good to be true" it probably is.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

1CrazyCatLady
#3 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 1:38:47 PM(UTC)
1CrazyCatLady

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 91 post(s)

Oh, wow! So you pay $4.95 once a year. If you win something, Uncle Stan pays the IRS all the taxes you owe them? Sounds too good to be true.

michelle11
#4 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 11:33:40 PM(UTC)
michelle11

Hahaha yeah maybe it is. I'm definitely not interested in any website that works mainly off referals. But I do wonder if any Sweepy members have signed up...?

owilkins
#5 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 6:49:22 AM(UTC)
owilkins

Not me.

Can you even imagine the cost of your salvation? The magnificent plan of the Father & the willing cooperation of the Son, proved your tremendous value in God's eyes. From His perspective, you are worth all the pain & suffering that was necessary to secure your eternal presence with Him in Heaven.
Lindigo
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:43:12 AM(UTC)
Lindigo

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I haven't looked at it in a couple of years, but the way it worked then was you paid a yearly fee PLUS you paid for EACH sweeps you wanted that income tax "insurance" on.  Of course it isn't called insurance because then it would be regulated.  It started as a way for people to dream of keeping the HGTV Dream Home.  Now that HGTV includes money in their prize package, I bet his business has really dropped.  But he will still have made a lot of money.  Smart guy, no question, but there is no way of knowing if he is an ethical guy.

Even if you miraculously won a sweeps you had insured against taxes, you would be limited by the amount of money he had collected for THAT PARTICULAR sweeps.  And you would just have to take his word on what that sum was.  There is no oversight whatsoever.  I think if this were happening in CA he would be wide open for legal trouble from the insurance commissioner, but maybe the legal system is more blase in Louisiana re this activity.

If actual "sweep insurance" existed to cushion the potential tax bite, all regulated and above-board, I would buy it in a second.