Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Winning a trip for 4, when you've got 5 in your family
gazoogleheimer
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:19:29 AM(UTC)
gazoogleheimer

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.  I'm always hesitant to enter the 'win a trip for a family of 4 to Orlando' kind of sweepstakes because, if I did win, I would hate to have to leave someone out.  Do you know if they are pretty accomodating about you adding an additional family member onto your travel plans (paying for the extra person yourself, of course)?
mrsweepy
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:52:26 AM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

I would suggest this... Enter the trips and win them first. I have found in nearly all cases whether I won or another member, the Sweepstakes Administrators try really hard to make the winner of a trip prize happy. You do have some wiggle room to negotiate some things in a trip. I have had airline flight time improved by simply telling them about a particular airline scheduled flight.

Most would allow you to pick up the extra major expense of extra person but might give you the tickets to the park. The point is even if the prize is defined in the rules; they will allow some rule to work with you to make you happy.

Mr. Sweepy